St George's Barracks
This was the usual home of 3 Commando Brigade HQ when the Brigade was on the island. On 10 October 1952 Admiral Earl Mountbatten of Burma inspected 42 Commando on the Parade.
After 1971 the only Royal Marine Unit that occupied these Barracks appears to have been the Commando Gunners of 29 Commando Regiment and then 8 Commando Bty, RA.
During May 1977 Britain gave St George's Barracks to the Maltese Government.